Horse Driving Safety Tips
Guidelines to keep you and your horse safe.
NEVER – tie up and leave your horse with the vehicle attached.
- NEVER – tie your horse up to any carriage.
- NEVER – remove any parts of your harness until you have unhitched your vehicle.
- Take your horse to the vehicle completely harnessed up, bridle and reins included.
- Always have someone with you when you are ready to hitch up.
- NEVER – have anyone in the vehicle when you are hitching up or unhitching.
- Do not let anyone else in the vehicle before you are in and have full contact.
- NEVER – take off a driving horse’s bridle or reins while he is fastened to the vehicle, he may become frightened when he sees something coming behind him.
- Check regularly that your vehicle and harness are is safe working conditions.
- Rein buckle billets can wear, check them every time you harness up along with the stitching on the joints of the reins.